An alert is an automated notification indicating that a predefined event has occurred and some action is needed. Alerts allow users to receive critical business information in the quickest and most efficient possible way.
ServicePRO issues alerts to notify appropriate Support Rep(s) when certain ServicePRO events occur. For example: Whenever a request is dispatched to a Queue Folder, all support reps assigned to that queue receive an alert notifying them of the new request. You can enable or disable these notifications depending on your processes and how your organization works.
You can set alerts or notification in ServicePRO in three ways
- System generated when following event types occur
- Request arrives In Dispatch
- Request is placed In Queue
- Request was moved to another Support Rep
- Request was Updated by another Support Rep or by an end user who opened the request
- Request is Not Closed and past the due date
- Request Resumes when its scheduled date arrives
- Request is Closed
- Request is Auto-Escalated
- Request is designated as Waiting for Response
- Custom Alerts to get critical information to the right people at the right time. For example, a service desk manager can be automatically informed via email when a critical request is breaching the SLA. These alerts or notifications are triggered by business rules and event based tasks in project templates
- As needed by manually sending notifications from within the service request in one of two ways:
- By using the notification section of the service request, or
- Using the send email option by selecting the social icon in the Actions tab of the ribbon.
Using Notification section of the Service Request
Using "Social – Send email" from the ribbon option
ServicePRO alerts and notifications ensure that events are known by the people who should be aware of them as soon as they occur.
The right information at the right time – ServicePRO’s notification alerts empowers your service desk to function in a proactive mode.
Where to Next?
- Workflow Best Practices
- Business Rules
- Case Studies
- Group Exercises
- BOF Night (Birds of a Feather)
- Cloud test drive - no setup required
- Preloaded with data
- Get an immediate look and feel
- Focus on your specific requirements
- Organize your service desk
- Streamline your processes
- Determine if ServicePRO® is the right solution for you
- Discuss licensing options