ServicePRO® Custom Request Types
The benefit of custom objects is that they contain information that is precisely tailored to your needs. When you design custom objects, you are creating templates for these objects, and specifying how they will be used and behave in the future – what data they will contain, and how it will be organized and presented.
Custom objects help insure that required data is properly collected, and enhance database integrity.
Clients often begin using custom data in service requests. However, most ServicePRO object type can be customized. Common examples of objects that are often customized include users, clients, assets, and more.
Custom (user-defined) fields are useful in many situations. For example:
- Specifying requirements for setting up new employees
- Designating senior employees as VIP’s so their requests ‘jump the queue’
- Entering information that is unique to some objects, like network servers
- Collecting additional information that can help to solve a class of problems, like custom software
When you create custom request types you can:
- Create ‘specialized’ objects like bug requests, printer error requests, benefits inquiry request, etc.
- Add custom fields grouped in tabs
- Reference other fields from other tables
- Design the ‘look and feel’ of the screen
- Search on user-defined data
- Create charts and report that include user-defined data.
The field properties I can specify depend on its type. In this example, we have a drop-down field that enables me to specify possible values:
In other cases, we can set validation rules that help ensure data integrity:
In this example, we can ensure that the proposed change date leaves enough time for the backup plan to be implemented.
ServicePRO’s Visual Object Designer offers a rich set of available field types, reference fields, graphic elements and validation rules that provide you with a virtually unlimited possibilities to design your custom object that fit your business.
Where to Next?
- Workflow Best Practices
- Business Rules
- Case Studies
- Group Exercises
- BOF Night (Birds of a Feather)
- Cloud test drive - no setup required
- Preloaded with data
- Get an immediate look and feel
- Focus on your specific requirements
- Organize your service desk
- Streamline your processes
- Determine if ServicePRO® is the right solution for you
- Discuss licensing options